Year 7, 8 & 9 Home Learning
Temple Learning Academy class teachers will send out home learning updates via Class Dojo. Please check your free app on your phone, tablet or PC for these.
World Book – Free online ebooks
Audible – Free online books read out to you. No sign in required.
Oxford Owl – free ebooks
Vooks – free ebooks
Maths Hub Parents Maths Hub
The Best Ideas – online learning activities for students
Mystery Science – Free science lessons
Nature Detectives – Science that can be done in the garden
To further support students, staff from Temple Learning Academy and our partner school at Temple Moor have gone through how to access and utilise additional support noted below.
Please be mindful that students have to create their own accounts for both Get Revising and Seneca Learning.
A range of resources from flash card and mind maps to model answers and revision booklets.
Topic videos and short answer questions with immediate feedback on accuracy.
Range of text and diagrams to guide students through to topics. This does not require a login.
You can search for quizzes on almost anything. Create your account and click on ‘Discover’
An encyclopaedia of maths with questions to challenge
Quizzes broken down into topics – multiple choice questions. Free to register to track your progress.
Lots of useful videos explaining a variety of maths topics.
Personalised Maths and Spelling practice that students love.
Top Marks English and grammar games.
Mental and Physical Health for Children
- 25 Mindfulness activities for children
- Guided Meditation for Children – a free guided meditation. YouTube has hundreds of guided meditation videos you can use too
- Yoga for Kids – videos for children to follow
- Breathing Activities for kids
- Discussing Coronavirus with your children – good advice from experts about how to support your children through their fears and worries about COVID-19
- Change 4 Life – ideas from 10 minute shake ups to 60 minute activities
Year 7 Home Learning