Who is a member of the PTFA?
YOU ARE! The good news is that as a parent/guardian/teacher of a child at Temple Learning Academy ( TLA ) you automatically become a member of the Parent Teacher and Friend Association (PTFA).
Why we are here?
The PTFA is here for you – the parents, guardians and teachers of all the children who attend TLA. Our main aims are to raise funds to purchase items that would otherwise fall outside the academy’s budget, to hold social events and promote community links.
How does it work?
The PTFA currently is run by a core of volunteers who regularly attend the PTFA meetings and help to organise events. There is a small committee but everyone is free to contribute as little or as much as they like as infrequently or as often as they like.
Meetings are held each half term, on a week day evening. Anyone is invited to come along to any of the meetings whether it’s simply to listen to what’s going on, express an opinion, make a suggesion, volunteer to help or become a member of the committee.
If you would like to help the PTFA then please get in touch. We are always happy to welcome new volunteers and appreciate all the help that we get.
How to Help
There are many ways you can help your PTFA:
- Attend a social or fundraising event
- Why not come along and help out at our present buying sale, or Christmas Fayre. You don’t need to know any other parents, you are welcome to come alone, with your partner or bring a group of friends. One thing is for certain, you will leave the event having made many more friends than you came with.
- Volunteer at PTFA events and Support fundraising initiatives
- You could bake some buns, biscuits or savouries to bring along to our Food Stalls, help to set up, organise or run a stall or sell raffle tickets at our Christmas/Summer Fayres. You could serve drinks at the school disco, organise a coffee morning or supervise an activity.
- Whatever it is, evey little counts and is appreciated.
- Provide new ideas
- If you have any new ideas for raising funds or just for getting together and having a good time then please let us know. We are always on the look out for new things to try.
Can You Help?
If you would like to become more involved with the PTFA, whether it’s simply joining our social events, coming up with ideas or helping out at events then please get in touch. Follow us on Facebook for details.