Dear Parents and Carers,
You will have seen some information released this week about Free School Meals (FSM) provision.
From Monday 20th April the Government will issue Free School Meals vouchers to parents and carers of pupils eligible for FSM. This new system will be to the value of £15 per week per child. As we have set up a voucher system this month it should come into your emails in a similar way.
If you have changed your email or not received it please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not message on Facebook or Messenger as the admin team will not get this message!
This new system does not begin until after Easter, and the Government says schools should not support over Easter, however we will still be issuing our £8 vouchers each week until this happens.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following
– Income Support
– income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
– income-related Employment and Support Allowance
– support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
– the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
– Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
– Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
– Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)