At Temple Learning academy all students receive a range of careers information through visitors, specific learning activities, PSHCE / Citizenship lesson and assemblies. This may include online career searches to find out about different career opportunities to employer talks, employees individual accounts on their career journey, information on Apprenticeships and information regarding students’ next phase of their education from Colleges and Universities.
For more information about the careers programme you can contact the careers lead.
Miss Helen Sully
Achievement Director for Upper School
Tel: 01132 645456
At Temple Learning Academy we aim to raise aspirations, challenge stereotypes and encourage students to consider a wide range of careers. The careers programme in school offers information, guidance support and advice to assist students with making well informed realistic career decisions.
Our intent for every pupil is to develop as wide as possible a broad understanding of the world of work and pupil’s ability to respond to ever changing opportunities
– develop independent research skills so that they can make good use of information and guidance
– develop and use their self-knowledge when thinking about and making choice
– develop the skills they need to review achievements, plan future actions, make decisions, present themselves well and cope with change and transition
We are committed to the provision of resources and advice to enable students to understand and develop career choices and to ensure that careers education is seen as part of the overall curriculum and learning framework for all years by
– encouraging students to achieve and to be ambitious
– involving students, parents and carers in the further development of careers work
– working with outside agencies so that no student is disadvantaged in gaining access to education, training or work
How do we measure and assess the impact of the careers programme on pupils?
– Internal destinations measures e.g. ensuring all students apply for at least two post 16 options, have a CV, Record of Achievement and a personal statement.
– Analyse School Performance published NEET figures.
– Complete a careers compass which rates the school offer against the Gatsby benchmarks
Careers Curriculum at TLA
Click on the link below to look at how pupils are prepared to make informed decisions about entering work or further study Post-16.
How does your subject relate to a career?
Are you passionate about a subject at school? Do you want to know what career doors could be open to you? Where could your love of a subject take you?
Click on the link below to look at how the subjects you study relate to the world of work.
Career Market Information
Look at a range of different careers and look at how they compare regionally and nationally.
Click on the link below to discover more.
Careers Advice & Information
Needing further inspiration or career advice? These links help you find open days at local colleges, compare, universities, apprenticeships and different careers to help you find the next step that is right for you.
Click on the link below to take that next step.
Careers Guidance for Parents & Carers
Would you like support in taking to your child about options Post-16?
Click on the link below for further support.
Creating a CV, Applying for Jobs or Attending Interview
Top tips from professionals to help you find, apply and successfully interview for your dream job.